Monday, June 1, 2009

Non-gaming post. I haven't felt that bloggy lately.


I've had too many other things going on this last week or so to really have time for the blog. I'm expanding the garden, and remodeling the kitchen, and mowing my uncle's place while he's away, and repainting grandma's house, and helping Dad with his kitchen remodel, and job hunting, planting fruit trees, digging a duck pond, straightening and reorganizing the shop, and lots of other stuff. I've got some new posts in the works, my Greyhawk's version of the Paladin, my Monk replacement character class, several more monsters are cooking in the vats, etc...
I've just had to put more effort into getting the old homestead better prepared for the oncoming economic apocalypse, since at this point, it's pretty much unavoidable. The accumulated bad decisions of the last hundred years have given the hand basket to hell a momentum and inertia that can no longer be guided by human arrogance.
I will have some more good game stuff soon though, so, when you're finished rooting through the ruins of civilization for food for the day, you'll still be able to get a game together with your fellow survivors. At least, the ones you haven't eaten.

2 comments:

Gamer Dude said...

Read 'The Long Emergency' by James Howard Kunstler if you haven't yet. He'll scare the pants off of you...

E.G.Palmer said...

Dude! I read Kunstler's blog all the time! He's a crusty old bastard, but he's most likely right.
Visit, The Oil Drum .com if you want a more technical and in-depth treatment of peak energy in general.